Need a can of Cream of Celery or Cream of Chicken? Not a can to be found in the pantry? Save a trip to the grocery store and make your own mix. This mix makes the equivalent of 9 cans of soup and can also be used when hiking or camping to supplement your supplies. No more cans to take up room in the pantry. Plus, there is no waste since there is no can to toss out.
Cream of Soup Mix
- Mixing Bowl
- Jars with Lids
- Measuring Cup
- Spoon for Mixing
- 2 cups powdered milk
- ¾ cup cornstarch
- ¼ cup instant chicken bouillon powder
- 2 Tbsp dried onion flakes
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp pepper
- Mix together the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Put into a tight sealing jar, like a Mason Jar. Store in a dark place like the pantry.
- Mix ⅓ cup dry soup mix with 1 ¼ cup of water. Heat on the stove until thickened. Makes the equivelant of 1 can of soup.
- Thickened soup can be used in place of any type of "Cream of Soup"
Different Soup Flavors
- Cream of Celery Soup - add 3 tablespoons of dried celery flakes.
- Cream of Chicken - add 2 tablespoons of instant chicken bouillion
- Cream of Mushroom - add 3 tablespoons of dehydrated mushroom pieces