Recipe from the Purefoy Hotel Cook Book - Talladega Alabama 1941
Servings 12 servings
- 3 fryers cut in pieces
- 2 green peppers, chopped fine
- 4 onions, medium size
- 2 buttons, garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 2 No. 2 cans tomatoes
- 1 dash cayene
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 lb blanched toasted almonds
- 1 cup currants
- Wild rice
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Roll chicken in mixture of flour, salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Fry in deep fat until golden brown. Place in a roaster, add a half cup of hot water and steam slowly.
- To fat add garlic, onion, and green pepper, and brown slightly.
- Add a half cup of water and cook ten to 15 minutes.
- Then blend in tomatoes, salt, pepper, curry powder, thyme and cayenne. Cook until smooth.
- Pour over chicken and cook until tender, about an hour. Then add currants and almonds.
- Serve with wild rice. Serves 12.