Irish Oatmeal - InstaPot
Traditional Irish oatmeal cooked in a InstaPot
Servings 4 servings
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- Using the Saute function melt the butter in the InstaPot.
- When the butter is melted add in oats and cook 5 minutes on saute. Stir to keep from burning.
- Add water, salt and cinnamon. Cook on saute for 1 minute.
- Seal lid, move the pressure release to seal. Cook on manual pressure for 13 minutes.
- After the 10 minutes turn off the InstaPot and let sit under pressure for 10 minutes.
- Carefully release the pressure. Stir in half & half and brown sugar.
- Let sit for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Note: I mix up the dry ingredients in small mason jars. When I want to make some Irish Oatmeal I just grab a jar and go.