Over the next couple of posts I will be sharing some recipes I grew up with in the 1980’s. Just thinking about them brings back memories of Saturday evening supper time. Enjoy!
- 6 Chicken breasts
- 1 can Water Chestnuts
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 box Escort Crackers
- 8 oz Sour Cream
- 1 stick Oleo
- Cook chicken breasts for 30 minutes in salted water.
- Cut into bite size pieces.
- Slice chestnuts and crush crackers. Put half the crackers in a greased 9x13x2 baking dish.
- Mix chicken, soups, sour cream and water chestnuts and pour over crackers.
- Put remaining crackers on top. Slice oleo over mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees until hot and bubbly. About 30 Minutes. This recipe can be prepared ahead, reheated or frozen.