My knees are feeling it from yesterday.. I finished up the flowerbed around the water garden we started on Sunday. I think it turned out well, compared to what it looked like to begin with. I picked up a lot of colorful flowers to plant around it.. the type that will come back next year, and also multiply. I just love the Gerber daisy’s.. they are so colorful they don’t look real at all.
Last night I didn’t sleep good at all, I think it was from all the squating and bending I did trying to get everything planted before the rain got here. I moved almost all my flowers from pots that I brought from the other house.. I’m sure there are more that I need to get cutting from, but that may have to wait. I/we really need to finish up down there too.. so we can get that baby sold. Then we’ll be able to start working here, and finish up the basement. Ever since we had the gutters put on the house, we haven’t had any more leaks (knock on wood). Only now what do we do.. make it one large room, two medium room, so my favorite idea.. one large workout gym type room for the bowflex and stuff, and the other side could be two rooms, like a guest bedroom/den living area. That way we’d have an extra bedroom too. Oh well.. thats something we’ll tackle in the future.
Yesterday I did my ‘Good Deed of the Day’. Last Thursday two students left their backpacks in the classroom, and went into the hall to get a coke, and by the time they came back both backpacks were gone. Books, notebooks, everything. Now thats just pissy when someone would do that .. right before finals. So now they have nothing to use to study. We’ll for Econ our professor told us to study all our exams, because the test will be pulled from that, and the study guide for our final. Well since they don’t have their old exams to study from, I went and made copies of mine so they had something to look at. (LOL.. I’m glad I had good grades!) Well I didn’t remember her last name, but I remembered where she’d said she worked, so I went by and dropped them off. She was tickled to death.. said no one had ever been that nice before. Several of us are going to get together on Monday and study.. so that should help them out too. Karma points just went up for the day..LOL. From what she said, her other instructors loaned her books, so she would have those to use too. Want to know what the campus police said? “Don’t leave your stuff unattended.. that stuff goes on around here all the time.” Well duh… why don’t they tell us this stuff.. not let us wait to hear it from someone that it happened too!
I’ve got an idea.. maybe something like this will help. I through this together in about 30 minutes this morning.. I wonder if I can get it started up. http://escape.to/aum
Ok.. back to the books!
Ok.. I’m a day late, but better late than never right? I think we worked ourself silly this weekend. So what did we do?
1. Saturday we left out for a little geocaching.. found 3 of the 5 we went searching for..not too bad.
2. Wine tasting down at a little store off Ann Street (not too far from where that new Wal Mart’s going up..LOL) Brought home two new wines to try.. get this name: Big Ass wine.. yep.. You should see the label too! Here’s their website.
I also picked up some beer like I had over in Munich too. Hmmm.. I think I’ll go see if there is any left right now.
3. On the way home we stoppped off by a friend of J’s from work. He had a bike he would sell if someone wanted it, so we took a look. Look here and see if you know what we did the rest of the evening.
Yep.. got my own. Now we can go riding together!
4. Home to watch tv.. time to rest.
5. Sunday.. up early, well not too early. Its either time to do some painting at the other house, or work on this one. We opt to stay here.. time to put the watergarden back into the ground. J starts on the watergarden..I wash my bike Well wouldn’t you know.. good old Alabama red clay really makes things difficult. J ended up getting the tiller out.. it was slow going, but easier getting it level in the bottom. I know his arms are tired too.. especially after I went and bought that pick-axe (trencher). Here’s a picture of what it looks like today..not quite finished. I’ll slowly add plants around it, and get the grass back around it too. You’d never know we transferred all these plants and fish from the watergarden down at the other house.
Ok.. thats the short version of this weekend…
I say … and you think … ?
Elastic: Demand (It’s an Econ thing)
Intervention: To Stop
Junk food: French Fries
X : Box
Ex-NFL player Tillman killed in Afghanistan
Former Cardinals safety gave up big salary to join Army Rangers
Pat Tillman turned down a $3.6 million contract offer from the Arizona Cardinals in 2002 to join the Army in the wake of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks. Continue Reading Here
Classes are over for this week..now its time to rest for a little while, and get ready for the weekend. I even took the bike for a little drive too. I followed hubby down to the dojo so he could show off the bike to everyone. I give it a month, and someone will have one, if not more.
I think I looked rather cute though in my little silver/black/grey Joe Rocket jacket with body armor.. I’m no whimp.. I just like my body the way it is Only thing is with the helmet on you would have thought I was a guy.. skinney guy, but a guy..LOL
Ok.. off to start dinner.. more later!
I conquered the spreadsheet from hell! LOL.. yes it was that bad, yes I’ve been working on it for 4 days now, and yes I finally figured it out! Whew… now to start the last one and study for finals. Oh I know finals begin a two weeks from yesterday, but I’ll start doing a little studying along the way. Two finals will only cover the stuff since our last exam, where my Issues class will cover everything.
Oh we got our grade back on our presentation in marketing on ‘Television Advertising’. As a group we got a A, and for our individual grades we each got an A. Woo! See there’s something to be said about the group that asks, “Can we go first??” I think we made a few people mad too, because his remarks to the class when he gave us the assignment was that his grades on presentations are usually in the C range, and he rarely gives an A, and from the comments after class, our grade was rare. Yeah us! Yes I’m bragging! LOL The group with the old lady in it got an A!
Well I got my windshield fixed today. Its all clean and clear, almost like a new one huh? Now if I can stay away from gravel I’ll be fine.